Experienced User and Technical Support consultant with years of Moodle technical experience.
Self taught skills in web hosting for multiple platforms, including Wordpress and Static-site generators such as Jekyll.
At PriorsVLE we provide Technical Support services and Hosting services around Moodle, including development services for bespoke plugins and managing upgrades and migrations for Moodle sites owned by the customer or third parties.
- Liaising with clients to record their requirements and ensure targets are met
- Creating and managing internal systems to ensure our processes are as clean as possible
- Providing 1st line customer support to a clients’ users.
- Invoice management to ensure payment duties are met and agreed
- Writing blog posts around Moodle itself, including news and tips.
PUBG Reddit is an unofficial community relating to the game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
At PUBG Reddit, after being a member of the community I was invited to be part of the moderation team. This mostly involves ensuring rules are abided to by our 100k+ members and assisting with any issues and conflicts between members.
Part of this, I am also in charge of hosting our Community Custom Games where we run a leaderboard and fun tournaments with fun and specific modes made up by ourselves and the players. All games are streamed live on Twitch and myself, along with others, cast these games as they are being played out to provide a fun experience to the players and the community watching.
I also work closely with PUBG Corp staff with any requirements they may have with the subreddit, working together on fun community events and giveaways as well as providing any feedback and bugs in the game itself for PUBG Corp to investigate and improve.
As part of this, I also manage the PUBG Reddit Twitter account, ensuring relevant content is shared and posted in relation to the game and providing talking points to drive conversation.
- Discord Community Moderator
- Subreddit Community Moderator
- Social Media Manager
- PUBG Games Host & Observer
- PUBG Twitch Caster
- Self-taught Discord Bot development in Python
At HowToMoodle my role was to ensure new and existing clients had the best customer service experience possible. Working in a team of 4, we managed migrations and upgrades of customers sites, to ensure they are kept up to date and giving customers the information required to make the process as easy as possible for them, as well as meeting targets set by the Sales team.
Thoughout this I was also in charge of ensuring all employee’s workstations were in working order, kept up-to-date and resolved any issues that may come up. This included the rollout to Windows 10 to all employees which was done in a way to provide the least amount of downtime possible.
- Setup, Upgrade and Migrate clients moving or starting with the Moodle/Totara platform.
- Answering support calls via our support desk system - Helpspot.
- Using Salesforce to get customer details and to be notified of upcoming work.
- Support clients in troubleshooting problems with the platform, advising and assisting them with their Moodle/Totara journey.
- Ensuring hosting servers are running smoothly 24/7 and keeping clients informed when issues arise with the service.
- Providing Administrator Support to external clients Moodle sites, who’s services are hosted in-house or by a third-party provider.
- Providing Technical Server Support to clients who’s services are hosted in-house or by a third-party provider.
- Documenting and keeping track of technical changes with the hosting platform.
- Debugging Moodle/Totara application issues in PHP and MySQL, providing a fix or raising as an issue against the Moodle/Totara Tracker.
- Debugging Moodle/Totara Theme issues in PHP and CSS.
- Amending and investigating styling issues or requests in PHP and CSS for Moodle/Totara.
- Managing internal hosting servers running CentOS (5, 6 and 7), Apache, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB & DirectAdmin Control Panel.
- Managing external clients servers running CentOS, Ubuntu, Gentoo and Windows Server.
- Managing external clients servers using HTTPD, Apache2 and Nginx.
- Working out of hours to ensure server updates are performed correctly and with minimum interruption to customers.
- Investigating any issues with the servers when they crop up (CPU Loads, disk speeds, disk usages, etc…) working with the Data Centre to get them resolved.
- Monitoring each customer site and servers using Icinga (based on Nagios). \ Ensuring swift action is taken when an alert is raised.
- Planning automation of manual tasks performed for site setups.
- Managing local GIT repositories for Moodle/Totara, custom plugins and themes.
- QA Testing developed applications and raising issues using JIRA.
- Performing company rollout to Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller. Ensuring all employee’s are connected to the domain correctly and their PCs work as expected.
- Hosted my own local radio show specialising in new, upcoming and rarely heard artists/bands.
- Hosted my own local radio show specialising in Dance, Trance and UK Hardcore music, Live mixing on the spot.
- Produced shows every week for Friday and Saturdays
- Newsreading on weekends on the hour.
- Assisted with Outside Broadcasts (Newfest 2012 & 2013. The Pheztival 2012 & 2013)
My journey started at Capita ITS when the company was known as i2Q, or Synetrix, which later in life got bought by Capita and since disolved.
At Capita, my role consisted of a range of duties. The main being supporting customers with their Moodle 1.9 platform. These customers mostly consisted of Primary and Secondary schools at a time where councils mostly decided what schools can do.
I was also one of the main person performing Quality Assurance testing of Capita’s learning platform - OpenHive - during it’s development, using automated scripting with Selinium and writing test plans which the developers would need to pass.
- Working with Developers and Designers with the QA testing of Capita’s learning platform, OpenHive.
- Creating automated QA testing scripts with Selinium
- Load testing hosting services
- Supporting School and College clients with their Moodle platform with any issues or queries that may arise during term.
- Performing yearly school rollovers take place in time for term start within their custom Moodle environment.
- Managing the LAMP (Linux(CentOS), Apache, MySQL and PHP) server setup